Thursday 3 September 2009

Iron Cupcake London - Round IV

On Tuesday I entered the 4th round of Iron Cupcake. This month the theme was 'Cupcakes of the World' and there were 34 entries from 22 bakers! Each month the competition is becoming more popular and the standard of the entries is amazing. I can't wait until next month. Here are some of the cupcakes I sampled......


The one on the plate with the green swirly icing and little pink flower won on the night - it was also my favourite - green tea and red bean paste mousse- and was absolutely divine!

I made 2 entries again this time - sushi cupcakes (Japan) and champagne cupcakes (France). I didn't win, but I had a lot of fun baking and decorating!


Here are the French chmapagne cupcakes decorated with little red/white/blue fondant flowers. They were really light and fluffy - think it must have been from the champagne bubbles.


The sushi cupcakes were dark chocolate and green tea, decorated with fondant sushi pieces. I used white sprinkles as rice for the nigiri sushi pieces and little orange nonpareils for the salmon roe. The nori rolls had gummy lollies as their filling. I'll definitely be making these again!

Happy baking x

2 comments:

  1. Those Sushi Cupcakes looked incredible! You must have spent hours on them. Well done!
    Rosie of BooksAndBakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosie. Actually they didn't take very long at all - just over an hour to make enough sushi for 12 cupcakes....they just look difficult to make :)

    ReplyDelete